Slowly but surely things are warming up around here.
And I have SPRING FEVER! This happens every year 'round this time and I learned long ago to just go with it. If it's a nice day, I go outside, listen to birdsongs, sit out in the sun, smell flowers, walk around absorbing the newness and all the gifts nature provides.
Have you got Spring FEVER? What kinds of things are you doing to enjoy this amazing season?
Been busy also in my studio...workshop, I use both names. My Dad had a wood workshop and I just loved the smell of sawdust and wood. He enjoyed his "hobby" so much and that was infectious. So, when I say workshop, its a joyful place/memory all rolled in one!
Maybe I should call this post rambling random bits...
Yesterday was one of those good/bad emotional days.
1. My dentist re-checked a sore on my tongue and did a brush biopsy to determine what it is...results due in a week. Tic, tock, tick, tock...
a. I don't smoke or drink, so its probably nothing.
This does not exclude me,
just makes the odds better.
b. I am so grateful for my dentist Kelly Bouchard's keen eye
the 2 white spots on left side of my tongue cover area about
2mm x 1mm. I could only see them with magnification on her
c. IF YOUR DENTIST DOESN'T PERFORM
AN ORAL CANCER SCREENING
ASK TO HAVE IT DONE.
It might just save your life!
2. Dear Mom, up from Florida to attend Gramma's funeral. I had lunch with her and my youngest brother and it was bittersweet and sad and nice all at the same time.
3. My other brother is coming up from Virginia with his lovely wife for the funeral, looking forward to hugging them both, but what a crummy reason to do it. They'll be here this evening.
4. I am so proud of our daughter's progress in an area she's been struggling with at school! She greated me with the good new after I dropped Mom off at car rental place.
5. I could go on with what a rollercoaster of a day it was, but I know YOU get the picture!
I shall be back in about a week to update you on my tongue biopsy, hopefully with good (whew that was nerve wracking) news.
Did you know April is Oral Cancer Awareness month? Just sayin'
My Spring Fever will break in about a month, so for now I am going with it and taking a blog break.