- quick, low pressure way to play and make art
- great way to try paint and textural techniques
- FUN way to recycle things like cereal boxes, magazines, and card stock
- easy to make a series of similarly backgrounded (yep, my word) cards to experiment on
- small size convenient to keep and see changes and growth in your personal art style
- trade them with other artists
In my continuing quest to catch up on 67 words, I'm sharing 3 new artist trading cards today.
I unearthed threap (#32) in an old dictionary last year while searching for the 67 words. Wonder why it fell out of favor?
This ATC was cut from a cereal box, I liked the letters and it came in handy because I had NO idea how to show scold/chide/threap!
The paper was a bit thin so I glued it to a recycled ATC, outlined the mountains and added the "rugged range" label.
Thwart (#35) vb.- synonyms include- frustrate, baffle, balk, beat, bilk, circumvent, dash, disappoint, foil, ruin.
A handwritten thought, Thwart not YOUR artistic iNcLinAtIonS, in black ink on box cardboard, is a simple and encouraging artist trading card. Those pretty colored circles were on some box and I just cut it down to ATC size, very easy really!
Please remember to date your ATCs, so you can watch your style and talents grow over time :)